We have 20 acres of ancient Woodland at Little Gate Farm. Our team of Learning Disabled Rangers manage our woodland sustainably and use the woodland as a resource for a social enterprise. We use low impact machinery and manage our woodland based on the principles of conservation economics, restoring rather than depleting the environment we harvest our products from.
We make and sell charcoal, firewood, rustic furniture and woodland craft. We also build roundwood buildings. We produce charcoal using a retort that releases up to 75% less pollutants than standard charcoal production.
Would you like to join our Woodland Enterprise programme for adults with Learning Disabilities?
- Placements are limited. Applicants may be eligible for funding through Adult Social Care.
- Transport to and from the farm is provided as are any tools and equipment needed.
- To find out more contact Claire or Dan on 01797 260125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodland Rangers develop a range of new skills including ….
- an introduction to woodland management and wildlife conservation
- new skills in producing and selling traditional woodland products
- an opportunity to build confidence through teamwork whilst achieving personal goals